Engaged employees are indispensable to the success of any company or organizations. Engaged employees are committed to their employer, satisfied with their work and willing to give additional efforts to achieve the organization's goals. Especially in healthcare organizations or hospitals, employee engagement and satisfaction is very important to increase the quality of care. According to recent research of the Advisory Board, for every percent employee engagement increases, HCAHPS rating increase by 0.33 percent, and patients' willingness to recommend by 0.25 percent. That's why health employers are taking action to strengthen this link between people and performance.
According to a study by an HR Solution, employees who are engaged and appreciated showed a genuinely caring attitude toward patients 85 percent of the time.
But unfortunately, even in this era employee engagement is far from optimal, especially in a profession that requires a lot of dedication and energy. That is why health employers are trying to find the answer to a very crucial question. How can we drive better employee performance and more positive employee feedback?
The OHA Quality Healthcare Workplace Model suggests that more-engaged employees are better able than their less-engaged colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
According to Danielle Miller (Ph.D. (c)) If a healthcare organization wants to impact nursing satisfaction, they should focus more on applying technology or digital systems. She says technology can play a significant role in the employee engagement process. The perfect balance between digital technology and healthcare can improve both patient engagement and caregiver engagement.
How can Healthcare Employee Engagement System help?
- Employees are more engaged when they understand the goals of this organization. A well-designed system provides the information about the goals and objectives of the organization to their employees.
- Healthcare employee engagement system provides a visual and graphical representation to the employees. It helps to increase trust in the organization. It makes employees believe that they are going to be appreciated for their good works.
- Level of employee engagement and dedication increases when employees feel The organization values their work. As the objective of employee engagement system is to engage employees and recognize their effort, these systems have a huge positive impact.
- Employees feel proud to work in the organizations where the senior management is committed to high-quality care. Presence of a well-designed system indicates that employers are committed.
- In most cases, employees want to treated with respect more than anything else. The second most important thing for them is to getting recognized for their effort. A good employee engagement system allows employers to keep track of employees performance. Then its become easy to appreciate employees properly.
- Point-based reward systems of employee engagement systems boost employees satisfaction.
What kind of employee engagement systems do employees prefer?
Recently, A survey was conducted by an HR organization to find out do employees actually want employee engagement system added to their work environment? And if so, what type of program?
In that survey, they found that,
- More than 70% of employees thought the employee engagement software/system would help them work better. Around 25% of the participants said it would help them stay motivated.
- 54 percent of respondents prefer Gamified systems for employee engagement.
What would be the benefits of using employee engagement systems? (Employees Perception)
In that same survey, surveyors asked the participant about their perception of employee engagement systems.
Among the participants,
i) 28.8% said that employee engagement systems would help to increase motivation among employees. ii) Around 23.3% said it would help to visualize their progress. iii) 18.8% said that it would help to increase productivity. iv) Around 16.2% said it would boost the work rate, and v) 10% said there are no benefits at all.