45 hospital and healthcare executives outline the hospital of the future
“One hundred years from now, hospitals will be nearly unrecognizable as care moves to the outpatient setting and organizations integrate artificial intelligence, telemedicine and other IT applications to care for patients outside the walls of their institution.
Forty-five healthcare executives, including five from hospital C-suites, describe the key trends disrupting the traditional hospital and how institutions can prepare for the future. Regardless of perspective, the key trends arising in their responses time and again include:”
• Reserving hospitals for truly acute care patients
• Monitoring patients at home with telemedicine applications
• Retail clinics and the rise of consumerism
• Designing the process for enhanced patient experience
• Collaboration between all stakeholders to improve health
Here is what 45 healthcare executives had to say about the hospital of the future. Responses are organized by category — hospital CEOs and executives, physicians, health IT leaders, consultants and healthcare firms and organizations — and in alphabetical order within each category.
Read Full Article